Pattern Recognition

Tip: Best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

Name:
Location: Here Of Course

I like to talk. And write poetry. I paint a little too.

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Comic Strip

The trip to Paris included a visit to the world of
Franquin,
one of the famous Belgian creators of comic strips.

His favourite, Gaston, produces the most amazing machines during working hours at the offices of the very publisher of his own strip, Dupuis:



I know Gaston appeared in Norwegian briefly, but I am not sure if there is an English version.



2 Comments:

Blogger petergarner said...

ahhh, luckily for we denizens of Quebec, where French-language culture is iimported from all over the francophonie, there is easy access to Gaston--in the form of the hard-cover comic books so typically French/Belgian (European in general?), and also as jigsaw puzzles. After nearly 18 years living here, I'm finally starting to appreciate French humour. God help me! ;-)))

Peter

2:43 PM, November 24, 2004  
Blogger Aisha said...

I knew you would come thru on this one -- just make sure you differentiaet between Belgian! and French here...
a bit like Norway and Sweden, I am told...

I remember now. He is called Viggo in Norway.

2:26 AM, November 27, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home