Pattern Recognition

Tip: Best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

Name:
Location: Here Of Course

I like to talk. And write poetry. I paint a little too.

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Time for NUNS again!

Lent begins on Wednesday 21 February 2007...

And -- Lent lasts for 40 days.

No Unnecessary Needless Shopping until Easter Sunday, 8 April.

I am ready for this! Too many DVDs from Amazon, too many books for the pile at the end of my bed...

Too many easy-to-buy-without trying-on tops.. . too many jeans...

(OK, too few ladylike skirts and trousers, but I even stocked up on that recently. I'm all right, Joan.)

Who wants to join me on this mission against over-consumption?



I am counting on my usual friends: You know who you are, and you are in my sidebar blog links.
Also hoping for new converts...

Down With Shopping !



6 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

I'm in! I was considering giving up drinking but who am I kidding?

4:40 AM, February 11, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a crazy idea but it just might work! I will put my card away for the next forty days! Symbolically, anyway. I could do with a break to try and get on top of the repayments!

7:30 PM, February 19, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

ok...I'll give it a try...
not sure what "needless" means..
I need food, art supplies :>)

but, OK,I'll put off buying that million dollar mansion till after Lent!

9:18 PM, February 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, shister, I, too, will give it a try. yes, seriously.

11:49 AM, February 24, 2007  
Blogger Rob said...

OK, me too.

9:21 AM, February 25, 2007  
Blogger C. said...

I guess I never told you this but No Unnecessary Needless Shopping is a fantastic idea; I tried it myself, it was very hard at first. I told a couple of friends who were also enthusiastic. Unfortunately they're not bloggers, though. Thank you for coming up with it.

C.

3:13 PM, June 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home