Pattern Recognition

Tip: Best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

Name:
Location: Here Of Course

I like to talk. And write poetry. I paint a little too.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

It's the end of National Poetry Month

And if anyone wants to read a frenzy of poems, go visit thirty - forty - a bunch of poets who wrote and posted a poem every day during that month.

Poetry-Free-For-All

As for me, and a few others, I started late, and have eleven poems to make up.

Here is one of mine -- written for the other poets in the challenge, tired of writing and commenting on everyone's poems: a delight, but also hard work every day!

Here, a poem for my reader... I was thinking, if I drag my tired typing fingers, my burning screen-staring eyes, my fluff-tickling throat, my metaphor-laden brain to this thread, and decide to go for the very most recent poem, what would I love to see?

I think I know:

Thank You For Not Reading

And if you do
anyway, Thank you
for going away!

Are you still there, Reader?
Confess you loved to hear it.

Take a break
from NaPo
as poetry
from me to you.

Still there? OK, the title
was borrowed from Croatian
writer Dubravka Ugresic.
Zabranjeno čitanje

The quote was overheard
by my friend Judy:

A tramp trying to sleep
among tourists in Jackson Square:
"Please go away. Thank you for going away!"

6 Comments:

Blogger Rus Bowden said...

Hi Aisha,

This is the type of poem you can't stop reading until the end. Nicely done, super poem, and under the gun too.

Congratulations on your poem-a-day project success.

Yours,
Rus

11:33 PM, May 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rus, you should read all theothers in her thread.
Brava shister.

11:55 AM, May 08, 2006  
Blogger Rob said...

Yes, great thread.

I'll add you to my list of links now before I forget where you are.

Brava indeed.

9:32 PM, May 15, 2006  
Blogger Aisha said...

Poet friends,
Good to see you all here :)
Romac, your blog is now among my links (Surroundings): Go read, poets, it is well worth it: tips include how never to submit a villanelle if you wanna get published...
:)

Aisha

11:45 PM, May 15, 2006  
Blogger ufukhati said...

Am I Reading?

Your words are breathing
and I'm not reading them
I'm touching.

Let me sip the sound
of your life.

3:56 PM, May 17, 2006  
Blogger Aisha said...

Hi ufukhati--
went to oyur blog-- lovely poetry there. My first visitor from Malaysia!

Aisha

11:18 AM, June 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home