Pattern Recognition

Tip: Best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

Name:
Location: Here Of Course

I like to talk. And write poetry. I paint a little too.

Monday, March 09, 2009

Seven for Lent

Seven for Lent - List Poem
It's Lent so I'm not
buying books
or old movies,
not even jazz

It's Lent so I'm not
buying Dinner
with Anna Karenina
by Goldreich
Arabesque
with Gregory Peck
Kind of Blue
with Miles
That Botswana lady
detective novel

It's Lent so I'm not
buying Sentimental Journey
with Doris Day
or the latest poems
by Hirshfield

It's Lent so I'm not
buying Georgia O'Keeffe
and the Camera

It's Lent so I'm not.
I'm stacking them high
in my Amazon cart
ready for Easter Sunday :-)

Aisha

4 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

Hahahaha!!! Me, too! Then, there's the list on my refrigerator of household things and the list in my purse of things from Target and the lists go on and on and on....

10:19 PM, March 09, 2009  
Blogger hwf said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:37 AM, March 22, 2009  
Blogger Judy Clem said...

I am must curious as to what Helm said and then unsaid.

I have given up giving things up for Lent as (per your poem) it only leads to overindulging after.

Don't feel bad about not being regular about your posts...I let 2 years slip away. But now I am trying to get up and running again.

BTW I miss you!

11:56 PM, May 22, 2009  
Blogger Aisha said...

Judy!!
Back on the blog again-- I was there just now. Good to see oyu and read new poetry!

PS
HWF's comment was harmless!
I read it in my email seconds before it vanished. BUT I think it blew my cover. As I recall.
Cautious people, Canadians.

12:55 PM, May 24, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home