Pattern Recognition

Tip: Best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

Name:
Location: Here Of Course

I like to talk. And write poetry. I paint a little too.

Saturday, September 11, 2004

To Lori, Peter and Carol -- On Dates and Birthdays

First, thank you for calling round on mine!

My mother tells me she read somewhere that the 10th of September had become an expression in the United States, as in "That's so September 10" meaning "soooo innocent".

Isn't it typical that 364 days -- unbirthdays -- pass unnoticed, each of them changing us, or maybe confirming us as what we are -- and wham! one day, say, 9/11, or in my case, 9/10, impacts.

"You have been attacked -- you are now officially hurt and paranoid!" to the States on 9/11.
"You have turned fifty - you are now officially menopausal and old!" to me on 9/10.

Oh, I know. Get a sense of perspective here! Oh, I do. I have.

Still, dates and birthdays are odd things.

Aisha


2 Comments:

Blogger petergarner said...

Hi Aish,

There is a really cool and strong poem here. I'm sure you can find it.

RT

12:29 AM, September 12, 2004  
Blogger Aisha said...

Peter,

Hmmm -- you might be right. Been working on MindFire and everyone else's poems today though :)

Lori,

Hey, even better if you could come to Oslo and tell me to my face on the 18th. Not too late to get a cheap ticket.
;)

Aisha

10:13 PM, September 12, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home