Pattern Recognition

Tip: Best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

Name:
Location: Here Of Course

I like to talk. And write poetry. I paint a little too.

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Absolutely Last Attempt At Extreme Sports

My absolutely last extreme dash.

Edited in: It didn't work this time either-- couldn't find my blog on the list of blogs updated (12 to the second, it seemed) But I have better luck a few days later -- see "I Lied".

First go to Teper's blog, the latest entry and read about rock scissors paper championships.

Talk about extreme sports!!
Dashboard Watching pales in comparison.

To touch on a third extreme sport, here is a poem of mine, published in the Apotheosis e-zine.

A Nursery Game

A snippy scissor lover
would harm a paper love.
But Scissy breaks his blades
on Stoney. Old stoneheart
isn't scared of cuts, but Paper
Boy would pack him off
like any parcel.

She wants that Paper Boy.

His poems will blind
Stoney easily, cover him
in dazzle. Now all she needs
is keep her treasure
safe from jealous Scissy.

What would I want
with dangerous scissors?

What do I care
for a cold hard stone?

My Paper Boy wraps
my heart in words.

Shisa

2 Comments:

Blogger Radish King said...

I love the first line of this, snippy scissor, sounds sharp, it sounds pointed and sharp and makes the shissh that a large pair of scissors makes when you open and close them, a sound that has always captivated me. The first line is sharp and dangerous. Don't run with the first line of this poem.

4:56 PM, November 19, 2004  
Blogger Aisha said...

Rebecca,
I would never!

Carol at Nevada,
Glad you like the idea. Thanks for the link (that site is not easy to get round, I find.)

Aisha/Shisa

9:39 AM, November 24, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home