Pattern Recognition

Tip: Best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

Name:
Location: Here Of Course

I like to talk. And write poetry. I paint a little too.

Sunday, September 12, 2004

Rye Road - The Saga

Some of you know the saga of Rye Road.

Here is an excerpt.


Thursday Tirades

-- Can you hear me! We all have a voice
at the Housing Society AGM – no coffee,
hard chairs in the school gym, and a mike
no one dares to use. A mother of two toddlers
wants a parking space. The megalomaniac
General suggests an underground parking lot
under the entire area. My handy plumber
neighbour told me, Come and fight
for bigger balconies, and anyway: It’s Stand Up
Comedy Night. He grabs the floor and tells
a nervous anti-barbecue lady: You can't take food
smells? Then you need to move
out to a lonely red log-cabin in the woods!




Finally Friday

At five I wait for a drum-roll
of vacuum-cleaner wheels against my ceiling
and shrill hymn-singing. I don't know flat 1313, only
her habits -- and now the jingle of the weekly
icecream van has joined the jamming duo. So much depends
on starting weekends right. Until the mustard
Beetle parked across the road hoots a jaunty solo as it leaves
for some country cabin, I can't be sure. So much
depends. Oh cool. At five-oh-five, the pizza boy drrrrrrrr's
on my doorbell, in sync with car horn, cleaning sounds and Nearer
My God to Thee.

4 Comments:

Blogger Aisha said...

Stoneful but soon to be several stone lighter :)))

Thank you, sorella.

Aish

11:08 PM, September 14, 2004  
Blogger petergarner said...

Sheesh Shis, this post is getting old. Hope you had a GREAT party last night. Wish I could have been there.

RT

2:14 AM, September 20, 2004  
Blogger Radish King said...

Shisa Poet?!?
YAY!
*jumps up and down*
*waves pompoms*

this is what happens when I drink café late afternoon.

12:55 AM, October 09, 2004  
Blogger Aisha said...

Ms Loudon: SO glad I alerted you to the pie problem.
I saw five-and-twenty mag-pies in a shorn field the other day. Already there, unlike black-birds (24).

7:27 AM, October 10, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home