Pattern Recognition

Tip: Best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

Name:
Location: Here Of Course

I like to talk. And write poetry. I paint a little too.

Saturday, July 23, 2005

A peaceful corner of England

I was in the Lake District last week, at Grasmere, the name of both the village and its lake -- and the home of Wordsworth.

The paint box was bought from Barney's News Box on Broad Gate for £1 45p--
it was made for little girls: lots of bright pinks and lilac -- only one green.

I hope young Sky or Wang Shao-hua from Taiwan will like the picture -- she watched me start it and took a photograph of the same lovely view. Sky wrote the name on the sheet herself so it is proper Chinese.

I did not have my Moleskine, so this one in a child's Drawing Book, also from Barney's.

5 Comments:

Blogger Aisha said...

Thanks Paula. I don't see a profile...the man in the boat? Or in the mountains?

Anyway, focusing as you draw and color is almost like meditation: that is what I like best about this. The end product is a souvenir, but not as important as the moments while you look, draw, look, decide, look, mix colors avoiding pink and lilac... :)

11:19 AM, July 25, 2005  
Blogger hwf said...

I sort of see the profile of the man, but why is the woman to his right turned away and blushing?

I like this, so open to interpretation, just like poetry :). Very nice work.

Helm.

5:34 PM, July 26, 2005  
Blogger Aisha said...

That's two TREES, OK!?
One is a copper beech for pete's sake.

When I draw I am completely literal :)

8:59 PM, July 26, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is sky!!
Finally,I found this.
I wnet to France after visiting England.
It is a really amazing trip.
I am really glad that I made up my mind to go.
I will e-mail u the photos we took together a.s.a.p.
Have a nice day!!
And I like it,the painting is really lovely.
Remind me that day we had lunch together.
It was a really good day....I miss that~~
sky

3:57 PM, September 08, 2005  
Blogger Aisha said...

Sky! Great that your Europeran tour is going well, Wang Shao-hua :)
And so pleased you got to see the opst.
Look forward to the photos. I will post them too.

Aisha

4:04 PM, September 08, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home