Pattern Recognition

Tip: Best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

Name:
Location: Here Of Course

I like to talk. And write poetry. I paint a little too.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Polly Put The Kettle On...

A shock to everyone's view of the typical Briton -- not drinking tea as they used to!

Brown Betty a thing of the past?




And what will happen to the nursery rhyme?

Polly put the kettle on,
Polly put the kettle on,
Polly put the kettle on,
We'll all have tea.

Sukey take it off again,
Sukey take it off again,
Sukey take it off again,
They've all gone away.

5 Comments:

Blogger petergarner said...

Well, I guess it's up to the "colonies" to uphold the tradition then. I'm doing my bit. MY Brown Betty gets a work out every morning.

Actually, I'm wondering now if the one I have is a true Brown Betty. The lid is not quite the same. But the colour is right, and it pours like a real teapot should.

RT

3:06 PM, May 18, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A subject dear to my heart. Every day when I get home from work (about 5ish) I ask myself, tea or wine? Love them both!

Carol

12:39 AM, May 19, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, almost forgot. See my teapot on my blog.

12:42 AM, May 19, 2005  
Blogger Radish King said...

I have never heard of Brown Betty before! I'm glad I have now. I want to meet her.

6:29 PM, May 19, 2005  
Blogger Aisha said...

Thanks everyone -- got people interested, hse did :)
Going to Leeds today for the weekend, so bound to get a chance to have stewed Indian with plenty of milk for elevenses...with biscuits of course.

8:10 AM, May 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home