Pattern Recognition

Tip: Best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

Name:
Location: Here Of Course

I like to talk. And write poetry. I paint a little too.

Friday, April 08, 2005

Hecate -- the clean and the true version



Sure, sure -- that is the hype-- but I googled her:

"Hecate is the Greek goddess of the crossroads. She is most often depicted as having three heads; one of a dog, one of a snake and one of a horse. She is usually seen with two ghost hounds that were said to serve her. Hecate is most often mispercepted as the goddess of witchcraft or evil, but she did some very good things in her time. One such deed was when she rescued Persephone, (Demeter's daughter, the queen of the Underworld and the maiden of spring), from the Underworld. Hecate is said to haunt a three-way crossroad, each of her heads facing in a certain direction. She is said to appear when the ebony moon shines."

Radish King made me do it -- try, you might get to be Aphrodite!

Quiz

3 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

I was Poseidon. I love those quizzes. Silly me.

5:52 AM, April 10, 2005  
Blogger hwf said...

Hmm, the goddess of crossroads. You once told me how much you liked airports. Once there, you never know where they might lead you--Sardinia, Rome, or New Orleans :).

H.

(ps--I was Morpheus, the god of constant reinvention. That suits me)

9:41 PM, April 11, 2005  
Blogger Aisha said...

Thank you all -- I certainly have some godlike friends :)

Aisha

3:30 PM, April 14, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home