Pattern Recognition

Tip: Best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

Name:
Location: Here Of Course

I like to talk. And write poetry. I paint a little too.

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

NUNS - wanna join our Lenten non-shopping spree?

Laurie and maybe Carol (or Carol's friend at least), and myself are now going in for No Unnecessary Needless Shopping and will be known during Lent as NUNS for short (copyright Laurie).




We had a discussion in Comments under my 'What are you giving up for Lent' post-- and I for one will walk around the lake next door (maybe not throw myself in, as it is -10 C today) or to the harbour or a museum and avoid all malls.

Only less than 40 non-shopping days left of Lent!

Timeline:
"Lent is a forty-day period before Easter. It begins on Ash Wednesday. We skip Sundays when we count the forty days, because Sundays commemorate the Resurrection. Lent begins on 9 February 2005 and ends on 26 March 2005."

7 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

Excellent! I'm going to do a post on my blog linking to this one and I'm going to put a link to your blog on my sidebar. (I should have done that already but I'm slow.)

This could have a serious economic impact on Amazon.com as well as my local economy. I bet my credit card company calls. :)

1:42 PM, February 16, 2005  
Blogger Aisha said...

Heck, I expect the President will call you about doing your bit for the national deficit!

2:55 PM, February 16, 2005  
Blogger hwf said...

What an interesting idea, although, being a pacifist, I can't see myself killing, or harming my VISA card by not feeding it properly. That would be cruel. I have my card on a strict diet, but starvation?

As it is, on this diet, my card is suffering. I caught it last night on the internet, eyeing new 18-125mm camera lenses, saying, "Feed me, feed me, FEED ME!" It sounded sort of like the plant in, The Little Shop of Horrors, though in this case, I guess one would call it the little card of horrors. Possessed plastic, what next?:)

HW

4:02 PM, February 16, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aisha, I should have read this post some days ago, yet still in time to honor Lent and cheer up the bank account that has been lamenting recently.

sister, read my latest post. I'd like to read your list!

2:53 PM, February 17, 2005  
Blogger Aisha said...

Alexy and Paula,

Feed your credit card and starve your bank account -- or vice versa?

Cool, Paula -- you are welcome in NUNS!

Aisha

9:01 PM, February 17, 2005  
Blogger Aisha said...

CArol!
Great -- you are with us then. We are four now I think...

And PIPS are hilarious: you so sincere looking on the right :) and I swear Yoko Ono is a PIP too...behind those shades.
Hmmm.

Lemme see:
Purgatory Is Possible Sistah?

Poet Insurgent Postpones Shopping

PIPs -- people in the pews...

Nonplussed in Norway Needs You (NINNY)

I walked round the lake after work today-- in sunshine, watching a three-year old learning to skate, pushing a yellow plastic Fanta crate around.

Aisha

5:47 PM, February 19, 2005  
Blogger Aisha said...

You know it came to me later that you have a group of pals but POKER... I thought you lunched decorously..

totally apt picture :)

4:18 PM, February 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home