Pattern Recognition

Tip: Best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

Name:
Location: Here Of Course

I like to talk. And write poetry. I paint a little too.

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Home Sweet Home

Mantra

Clouds rush by overhead, dropping
their shopping in showers, scarves waving
behind, some rouged and fluffed up
for a date with Cloud Nine. I am going nowhere.

Taxis, messenger vans, bikes shuttle
up and down Rye Road, one lonely
business traveller wheels luggage
to the airport bus. I am going nowhere.

The light goes, night falls, wet paths run
to the road, cross the lawn, a banner flaps
our Housing Estate logo from east to west,
a jet blinks red and green. I am going to bed.



6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Home--the safe place where you can slip into the meditative state. This is wonderful, how the clouds set us up for an ink-blot-type of examination. And the identification with the travellers. Then darkness before the revelation of east/west and red/green. This glimmer at the close of day.

I really liked your poem. And now I'm going to bed, myself!

6:51 AM, June 06, 2006  
Blogger Rus Bowden said...

Sweet dreams, Aisha,

It would be nice if the universe could slow down with you.

The poem fits my life these past three days, feeling under the weather, not getting out much, just needing rest. I did get a few things at the grocery store just now, though. But the rain clouds here moved as slowly as I walked.

Bud

2:45 AM, June 08, 2006  
Blogger hwf said...

Love the juxtapositioning of chaotic movement and inertia. The title helps to pull it all together.

Helm.

1:25 AM, June 09, 2006  
Blogger S.L. Corsua said...

Loved the first stanza extremely (perfect for reading out loud); it led me smiling onto the rest of the poem. ^_^

Cheers.

9:45 AM, June 11, 2006  
Blogger Aisha said...

Thank you all, for reading!
Too much travelling gets me that way.

11:50 PM, June 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is really fine, Shister. Besides the identification or parallelism of the clouds and N, I love the use of sound devices here: they do give the pace.

1:06 PM, June 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home