Pattern Recognition

Tip: Best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

Name:
Location: Here Of Course

I like to talk. And write poetry. I paint a little too.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

And now for something completely different

The poet Wu Men -- brought to my attention by a quotation on a packet of white tea.


Is this a lovely poem or what?

Ten thousand flowers in spring
the moon in autumn
a cool breeze in summer
snow in winter.

If your mind's not clouded
by unnecessary things,
this is the best season of your life.


Wu Men

3 Comments:

Blogger petergarner said...

Yes, very nice. I've always looked forward to the coming season. Just when summer's getting to be too hot and humid, fall comes along with its cool air and gorgeous colours. Then, when the leaves and the light are gone, the snow starts to come down and ski season starts. And just as the winter blues set in, it all start starts to melt away and turn green. Finally, just when you're getting tired of the rain, the sun comes out. What a wonderful world we live in. ;-)))

2:30 AM, August 30, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is completely lovely. I like something about all the seasons. This poem suits how I feel perfectly.

12:14 AM, September 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ilove all seasons, but you know which one is my favorite.
Lovely poem.

7:34 AM, September 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home