Pattern Recognition

Tip: Best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

Name:
Location: Here Of Course

I like to talk. And write poetry. I paint a little too.

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Rye Road Sunday Morning

Returning in party mood at 4 am, I see lights
in three of the ninety windows. A blue
hand-cart's parked on the snow. Door buzzes
and our paper boy comes out.

'You're early,' I say-- he shrugs:
'Sundays I do extra rounds. Weekend's ruined
anyway. Might as well make money.'

I walk up the stairs he just rushed down, find
mine tossed on the landing. Peace Prize money
invested in weapons, a man admits to killing
his wife. Weekend's ruined anyway, he said,
and the headlines don't help.

3 Comments:

Blogger hwf said...

Makes one believe in the saying that, no news is good news :).

h

3:02 AM, December 14, 2005  
Blogger Aisha said...

Thanks :)

Aisha

3:47 PM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

good poem, Aisha

nice ending

Jerry

2:32 PM, February 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home