Pattern Recognition

Tip: Best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

Name:
Location: Here Of Course

I like to talk. And write poetry. I paint a little too.

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Airport Plog

Most of the time, I really like them.
Airports.

Still, I remember the shop-girl in a U.S. airport who told me customers are extra nasty in airports. She had worked in a local shop before, where everyone tends to be nice, as they will have to deal with the same shop tomorrow.
In airports, customers sometimes think they will never see you again anyway...

"But I remember!" she said. And added that some are very nervous about flying. Which is an excuse. Sometimes.

You pick up knowledge in airports:
Layered soup-- heard about that from a Jamaica, Queens bartender at LaGuardia, on my way to Florida: the thick peasoup sinks to the bottom, the thin minestrone stays on top.
Tastes good, too.

This is my view from the Tivoli Restaurant in Copenhagen Airport, before the pickled herring and clear Aalborg aquavit arrives...On the day President Bush landed and we were delayed for a couple of hours: all traffic ceased.
That's my plane waiting.





5 Comments:

Blogger hwf said...

I like this, but you know how I feel about airports, The people are great, but time seems to stretch itself like a cat across the screen of experience, occluding every second.

Helm.

10:33 PM, October 10, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am with Helm about airports, but I see that you get material for writing in there, which is very good:-)
Love the watercolor, too.

5:06 PM, October 11, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now, I love the airport, and New York streets, too--where I am part of the great swirl of human experience. Small, but unmistakably human.

Really enjoyed reading your post and seeing the painting.

Carol

3:32 AM, October 17, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...and I also like "P-L-O-G"

3:34 AM, October 17, 2005  
Blogger Aisha said...

Helm and Paula,
Don't be so impatient! :) Rigor Aeroportis I call that state fo fixed staring at boards of departue times, waiting without being there... ;)

Carol,
You are with me on this then. Good :)
They have good expensive shops there too-- and Lent is far away :-o
Painted LOG, yes.

Aisha

8:34 AM, October 17, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home