Pattern Recognition

Tip: Best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

Name:
Location: Here Of Course

I like to talk. And write poetry. I paint a little too.

Thursday, September 08, 2005

At a time like this

Horrified by what Katrina did to New Orleans, and what the Homeland Security and other authorities obviously failed to do for New Orleans -- there seems to be nothing more to say-- just pity the victims and hope that some lessons were learnt: transport and information up to the last minute for those who want to evacuate before the hurricane strikes, upkeep of the levees to a higher standard...

It is the people we think about, but I did see an egret on CNN today-- obviously distressed in the toxic sludge. Reminded me of the beautiful bayou (can't bring myself to worry about the alligators-- but I hope Alligator Annie's son is ok in Houma.)

Meanwhile back in Norway:



The duck is a muddy bedraggled "kvinand", I think.

6 Comments:

Blogger petergarner said...

Believe me, Aish, the gators are doing just fine, thank you very much. Afterall, they have a whole new playground to explore, at least temporarily.

4:12 PM, September 08, 2005  
Blogger hwf said...

Is that an X-wing butterfly I spy? :)

Helm.

7:28 PM, September 08, 2005  
Blogger portuguesa nova said...

I think I'm still in a state of disbelief that this actually happened and is happening.

1:57 AM, September 11, 2005  
Blogger Aisha said...

Ranger-- Yuk!

Helm, Of course :)

Portuguesa, Believe it... :(

12:07 PM, September 11, 2005  
Blogger Aisha said...

Thanks, sistah! Hopefully we'll all be there next summer...

4:39 PM, September 11, 2005  
Blogger Aisha said...

In Lofoten, I mean-- no plans for Nawleans, but that wuold be cool to do again too :( if poss... you'd love it.

4:40 PM, September 11, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home