Pattern Recognition

Tip: Best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

Name:
Location: Here Of Course

I like to talk. And write poetry. I paint a little too.

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Rye Road Laundry

He fishes out my missing sock
from the spin-drier, shows me the gap
they escape through. It's that little-girl number
I bought in England, lipsticks
and mirrors dancing pinkly all over.
I am embarrassed, but he is only concerned
about his convenience store and pizza-to-go
losing money, and how much a sale would fetch.
I describe my walk round the lake, how good
to be alone, not like the gossipy
women in pairs, shoulders tense, bitching about work
and ex-husbands, not looking around at gathering
geese or golden birches. "My ex walks
there every day," he says. I go even redder.



4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, it's good to see your poetc realism back, Shister. This is good.

3:10 PM, October 19, 2005  
Blogger Aisha said...

Where you bin?
Good to see you here :)

Aisha

1:05 AM, October 20, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

"...dancing pinkly...."

ha! brilliant, aisha

At least you don't have guys stripping in the laudry and throwing their jeans in the washer because it's the only pair they have!! :>)

3:27 AM, December 27, 2005  
Blogger Aisha said...

Norwegian men are very domesticated...
No problem :)

Thanks, Jerry. And Happy New Year, soon! Must go and see what's happening at Blog with Watercolor & Pen!

Aisha

12:27 PM, December 27, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home