Pattern Recognition

Tip: Best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

Name:
Location: Here Of Course

I like to talk. And write poetry. I paint a little too.

Friday, October 14, 2005

Rye Road Revisited

This morning, Indian tea by my window, the steam
of wet leaves just right for the view
of the common lawn under golden drifts, a pensioner
bent against the wind at 8 30 am, behind
a wheeled walker, early for the supermarket
as the old always are, shuffling as fast
as he can, followed by a fourteen-year old, cap
low and sagging backpack, late for school
as the young always are, slouching as slowly
as possible. The two keep perfect pace along the path.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, yes, I am sitting at the window by you and what what is happening.Really good!

3:12 PM, October 19, 2005  
Blogger Aisha said...

Thank you, sorella...you are being very productive yourself lately!

Aisha

1:03 AM, October 20, 2005  
Blogger hwf said...

Ah yes, has the same sort of twist as the Hepburn--Loren poem. I'll write the coffee series if you write the Rye Road / Oslo series :)

Helm.

8:54 PM, October 21, 2005  
Blogger Aisha said...

Hmmm-- arent you referring to me with my foot in my mouth again :) the Rye Road poem above this one....

Aisha

8:58 PM, October 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home